13 March 2009

A painting (in photos)

I got two blank canvases as a gift last spring, and I thought it might be fun to share the process.

So, my brother is into fantasy, and I had planned on opening a bakery called pixie cupcakes, so I figured it would be a natural fit to make a pixie painting.

I've never taken a painting lesson, and I just guess my way through, but it's fun. If you haven't tried painting and are even mildly interested, I'd say give it a shot. If I can do it, so can you.















As you can see, the wings aren't painted in this photo yet. (I forgot to take photos of the finished painting before I gave it to him. Oops.) They are basically every color you see on the canvas, with a layer of silver over them, and I trust your imagination to finish off the job.

Once the front of the canvas was done, I painted the sides orange so my bro wouldn't have to frame it if he didn't feel like it.

So, there you go. A painting. It took me about a weekend to finish it.

Your turn. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment