07 May 2009

city art in cambridge and boston, ma

(May 1, 2009)
I've walked down this alley in Chinatown, oh, at least twenty times over the years, and I only noticed this huge, four-story mural the other day. Now, to cut myself some slack, I usually walk down the alley going southbound, and one can only see it going northbound. But still, it was huge. And quite impressive, I thought (first two pictures).

The next three photos are of one of those electrical boxes that are normally just ugly and there. But, not this one! I found this in South Boston in March when I went to get a haircut. It made me happy.

And the last two photos are Shepard Fairey murals in Harvard Square. The first one was by the Gap (December 2008), and the second one was by John Harvard's (April 2009). If you haven't yet seen the Shepard Fairey exhibit at the ICA, I'd highly recommend it. (Free on Thursday nights or anytime with a Harvard ID.)

Seen any neat city art lately? I'd love to hear about it! You can email me at monchichiland@gmail.com.









See and download the full gallery on posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment