14 November 2008

Destiny and beauty

This is how I'm feeling recently:

"If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."
- Joseph Campbell

Do you believe in destiny? Do you feel you're riding the wave you want to ride and are 'supposed' to be on? How do you know? In my life, I've had times where everything went wrong and times where everything went right-- almost as if I was just riding the tide to wherever it was headed. The difference between the two has been largely due to how stubborn vs. how open I was. The more pig-headedly I stuck to something, the more likely I was to hit wall after wall. When I was open to possibilities I might not have expected, incredible vistas opened before me. So, I'm trying to be open now, and we'll see where this current wave goes. (This doesn't mean sitting around and hoping dream-come-trues will fall out of the sky; it means you, as one of my writing instructors suggested, plant seeds and see what grows.)

On a lighter note, I got this quote on my google page and thought it was funny:

"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"
- Jean Kerr

Have a beautiful day! May unexpected opportunities for bliss come your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment